I can’t remember where I saw this but a while ago I remember reading about something called a nectar list. I’m all about bucket lists and collecting ideas for what I want to do before I die, but this article pointed out how important it is to stop and list all the wonderful things you’ve already done. so without further ado:
- Ran a full marathon, half marathon, 12K, 10K, 6K and 5K and ULTRA Ragnar!
- Including running down the Vegas Strip at night- Rock n Roll Vegas Half
- Adopted my favorite little soul mate dog Copper Mercury
- Flown first class
- Been to the Grand Canyon
- and Yosemite
- And Yellowstone
- And Hawaii (and gone snorkeling)
- Got my Bachelors
- Gone to an NFL, NBA & MLB game
- Lived in Southern California (and did CA things- gone to the beach, to Hollywood, seen the HW sign, whale watching, seen a dolphin swimming out in the wild, and of course Disneyland!)
- Swam in Siesta Key Beach in FL
- Gone to San Francisco
- Toured DC and Mount Vernon
- Had the best meal of my life in Charleston, SC
- Seen Idina Menzel & Anthony Rapp live in a performance of If/Then
I’m sure there are more things; I’ve lived a pretty good life. It’s not a way to brag or say “look how cool I am” but just another way to look back on and be so grateful for the life I live. And of course, I hope to continually add to this list and cross more off my bucket list.
What is on your Nectar List??
I turn 29 in exactly 1 month.
That means I turn 30 in exactly 1 year and 1 month. 30!! I’m so not ready to turn 30…. but I have a year to GET ready. (Can one get “ready” to turn 30???) I made a list of 30 things I want to accomplish before I turn the big 3-oh. Some big, some small, all doable!
I’ve already been able to accomplish a lot in my life and I’m pretty proud of that. (I ALWAYS lose at that “I have never” game. Always.) I’ve already:
1) lived on my own- no roommates or anything!
2) got my Bachelor’s degree
3) adopted a dog. The love of my life, Copper Mercury
4) ran a marathon. And half marathon, and 15K, 10K, 5K and Ragnar….
So here’s what made the list! Wish me luck!
- Swim with the sharks (ultimate bucket list item of all time!! I’m already signed up to do this on 7/21!!)
- Take a solo vacation
- Write 30 things I’m thankful for
- Write my will
- Plan my funeral (Morbid? I’m already 1/2 done…)
- Do 30 acts of kindness
- Throw out 30 things I don’t use
- Weigh in the 130‘s (139 counts!)
- Send article into weight loss magazine
- Take a cooking class
- Save $3000
- Read 30 books
- Watch 30 movies (I’m thinking like the classics. I’m terrible at watching movies.)
- Take a spontaneous trip
- Reduce CC debt by 30%
- Go to 5 new temples
- Volunteer 30 hours
- Order room service
- Host a dinner party
- Take parents out to dinner and pay for them
- Try caviar, truffles, alligator, kangaroo and octopus
- Read the BOM, Bible, D&C and PGP
- Get CPR recert
- Go to NFL game (also scheduled! October game Cardinals V NY Jets!)
- Finalize 72 hour preparedness kit
- Get sports massage
- Run 300 miles
- New hobby
- Be able to do 30 push ups (in a row, at least in top position)