I finally was able to cross something off my 30 for 30 list! #25 Go to an NFL game
I love football! But I don’t have TV so it’s rare I get to watch a game. I can’t keep track of the players anymore and who is who but when I do get to watch, I totally get into it. I’ve always wanted to go to a real NFL game and so I up and bought (the cheapest I could find) tickets. Since they were cheap, they weren’t the best seats ever, but the good thing about sitting high up is you can see the whole field.
Cardinals V. Jets!
I forced my brother to come along (jk, he loved it!) but I did force him to drive. It was so so so much fun. A real good game– although there was a flag on the play for almost EVERY play. It was getting a little ridiculous. A couple real bad calls 😦 But a couple really fun plays to get to see.
and the CARDINALS WON!
I wanna go to another game already!! 🙂
My girls and I got together for lunch the other day and I selfishly picked the restaurant! We went to The Angry Crab Shack. It was a bit pricey but it was delicious. And messy!
I ordered a ‘bag’ of king crab legs. The waitress mentioned that they’re spicy factor isn’t kidding around so go milder than you normally would. I am a WUSS so I ordered mild (aka wimpy- as it says on the menu!) and boy oh boy, it was still too much for me. Just a word of warning 🙂
But the real draw of the restaurant, was the gator nuggets!
Gator on the right. Hush puppies on the right. Fried food everywhere
Gator is weird! They say it tastes like chicken, but like a fishy chicken. And it’s rubbery. I didn’t eat very many nuggets. But I AM glad I tried them. The 3 of us finished off those hush puppies though!
So, I can’t quite cross off #22 but hey I’m 1/5 the way done with 1 of the 30…. do that math?
And next week I get to cross off #1!!!
I turn 29 in exactly 1 month.
That means I turn 30 in exactly 1 year and 1 month. 30!! I’m so not ready to turn 30…. but I have a year to GET ready. (Can one get “ready” to turn 30???) I made a list of 30 things I want to accomplish before I turn the big 3-oh. Some big, some small, all doable!
I’ve already been able to accomplish a lot in my life and I’m pretty proud of that. (I ALWAYS lose at that “I have never” game. Always.) I’ve already:
1) lived on my own- no roommates or anything!
2) got my Bachelor’s degree
3) adopted a dog. The love of my life, Copper Mercury
4) ran a marathon. And half marathon, and 15K, 10K, 5K and Ragnar….
So here’s what made the list! Wish me luck!
- Swim with the sharks (ultimate bucket list item of all time!! I’m already signed up to do this on 7/21!!)
- Take a solo vacation
- Write 30 things I’m thankful for
- Write my will
- Plan my funeral (Morbid? I’m already 1/2 done…)
- Do 30 acts of kindness
- Throw out 30 things I don’t use
- Weigh in the 130‘s (139 counts!)
- Send article into weight loss magazine
- Take a cooking class
- Save $3000
- Read 30 books
- Watch 30 movies (I’m thinking like the classics. I’m terrible at watching movies.)
- Take a spontaneous trip
- Reduce CC debt by 30%
- Go to 5 new temples
- Volunteer 30 hours
- Order room service
- Host a dinner party
- Take parents out to dinner and pay for them
- Try caviar, truffles, alligator, kangaroo and octopus
- Read the BOM, Bible, D&C and PGP
- Get CPR recert
- Go to NFL game (also scheduled! October game Cardinals V NY Jets!)
- Finalize 72 hour preparedness kit
- Get sports massage
- Run 300 miles
- New hobby
- Be able to do 30 push ups (in a row, at least in top position)