In my monthly check in post last week, I said a couple times that I was proud of myself. I’ve been thinking about that word a lot since then and I wanted to clarify what I mean.
I am proud of myself
- that I am making my health a priority
- that I am tracking my food even when it’s a donut
- that I am working through my food anxieties and developing a healthy relationship with food
My self worth does NOT depend on
- the number on the scale
- if I go over/under my macros or calories
- if I am “skinny”
- if I have muscles or loose skin
- if I run a super fast mile/marathon
I have good days and bad days. “Healthy” meals and “cheat” meals. Times where all I want is to eat an entire sheet cake and days when I can step back and look at the big picture and drag my butt off to the gym.