I love to watch football and I am one of those that gets excited for Superbowl Sunday! Unnnnfortunately I got mandated to work this Sunday so I’m going to miss the big game (don’t get me started…) but we’ll do a potluck here at work.
Potlucks can be scary because there’s lot of temptation and foods made of who knows what, but all you can do is make good decisions and try and provide some good (still tasty, maybe doesn’t have to be 100% clean) options.
- Chicken Teriyaki meatballs with a low sugar marinade/sauce
- DIY taco bar where you can set out cheese, guac, sour cream for guests/ coworkers but stick to the salsa and beans for yourself. And maybe use turkey meat or 90% ground beef.
- Sliders where you can swap the bun for lettuce wraps
- Deviled eggs with hummus or avocado instead of mayo? Sam’s Choice makes a Smoky Sweet Onion mustard that I have fallen in love with and use it on pretty much everything!
- My friend gave me the recipe for a quinoa salad that’s super easy and delicious. Just quinoa with chopped veggies (tomatoes, red pepper, jalapeno, red onion) and cilantro and feta. That’s it! All mixed up.
- Turkey pinwheels with low carb/ high fiber tortillas and stuffed with extra veggies
- Antipasto with meats, olives, cheese if your diet allows.
And to top it off, moderation is always key. Have a bite of this and a taste of that but don’t load up your plate and eat till you want to explode. Enjoy the game! Bet on your office pool. Laugh at the dumb commercials.
Go (your team name here)!!