I can’t remember where I saw this but a while ago I remember reading about something called a nectar list. I’m all about bucket lists and collecting ideas for what I want to do before I die, but this article pointed out how important it is to stop and list all the wonderful things you’ve already done. so without further ado:
- Ran a full marathon, half marathon, 12K, 10K, 6K and 5K and ULTRA Ragnar!
- Including running down the Vegas Strip at night- Rock n Roll Vegas Half
- Adopted my favorite little soul mate dog Copper Mercury
- Flown first class
- Been to the Grand Canyon
- and Yosemite
- And Yellowstone
- And Hawaii (and gone snorkeling)
- Got my Bachelors
- Gone to an NFL, NBA & MLB game
- Lived in Southern California (and did CA things- gone to the beach, to Hollywood, seen the HW sign, whale watching, seen a dolphin swimming out in the wild, and of course Disneyland!)
- Swam in Siesta Key Beach in FL
- Gone to San Francisco
- Toured DC and Mount Vernon
- Had the best meal of my life in Charleston, SC
- Seen Idina Menzel & Anthony Rapp live in a performance of If/Then
I’m sure there are more things; I’ve lived a pretty good life. It’s not a way to brag or say “look how cool I am” but just another way to look back on and be so grateful for the life I live. And of course, I hope to continually add to this list and cross more off my bucket list.
What is on your Nectar List??