I leave for HAWAII TOMORROW!!!!
I am beyond beyond beyond excited- mainly because I am finally going to swim with sharks. I may not come back…. not because I will have been eaten by the sharks, like my friends keep telling me.
I have absolutely no intention of “dieting” on this vacation. I’m going to eat and indulge and savor every and anything. It will be offset by a lot of activities, swimming and snorkeling of course, hiking Diamond head and Manoa Falls. I’ve packed running gear to run along the beach. (If I can!)
But this is an especially special vacation. It IS possible to have a healthy vacation.
- If possible, pack your food.Since packing and flying with a week’s worth of food isn’t really feasible, I can/will prep snacks for the plane (plus, airport food = crazy prices!) You can also pack an empty water bottle and fill it up once you get through security.
- Which also brings us right into, hydrate! It is so much easier to slack on water when you’re out on the town. Keep hydration a priority. Especially in a hot/tropical climate where you’ll be out in the sun all day. PSA for sunscreen here too.
- I always want to try everything! But I don’t need to finish everything. If you can, share snacks and treats. I’m going to HI with family so we can share a lot.
- Let yourself enjoy and indulge, but not in every meal. Grab some groceries for easy meals, especially breakfast and lunch. If you have a mini fridge/ microwave in your room– even better. I know I’ve used a cooler full of hotel ice in the past! But there are things you don’t need to heat or chill that are still viable healthy options. Fruit, protein bars, almonds, beef or turkey jerky, pretzels, pb sandwiches, applesauce. Get creative!
- Don’t skip working out. Plan for active excursions. Get a hotel with a gym. Plan for moves you can go in your hotel room, even. Get them done first thing and then you can play all day with no guilt.
no equipment needed workout you can do anywhere:
10 lunges each leg
10 push ups
10 air squats
10 sit ups
10 jumping jacks
Repeat 4-5 times